Friday, January 7, 2011

Parties and Dinner Parties

I cannot believe it is finally Friday!  I had a small dinner party last night and I think it went well.  Of my four guests only three ate and one was a vegetarian.  As a foodie I think it bares mentioning that when you have a gathering to always contact each guest either via Facebook or text or carrier pigeon to see if there are any dietary restrictions that should be observed.  For example my vegetarian friend last night; I sent her my menu and ingredients and learned that one item was not vegetarian at all even though you would have thought it was, thank goodness I asked her, as it would have been horrible for her not to have been able to eat!     For my friend Jennifer I assured her that not only was I careful about the ingredients, I used separate utensils, and separate electric skillets, and a separate baking sheet so at no point would her food come into contact with my other guests meat filled food.   So on the menu last night:

Salad dusted with garlic and fresh shaved Parmesan, croutons, and bacon.
Garlic bread with four cheeses
Rotini baked with butter and 5 cheeses and marinara.
Piroshki's (butter biscuit rolled out and stretched) stuffed with sauteed; butter, brown rice, peas, corn, mashed potatoes, white onion, hamburger, brown gravy.
Dessert: Hot out of the oven baked chocolate chip cookies floating on a bed of caramel and Hershey's piping hot fudge stuffed with Great Divide ice cream (half chocolate/half vanilla) and topped with another hot cookie, and drizzled with caramel.


My friend Jennifer brought two white wines that went lovely with the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment