Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Embrace who you are this year

I spent New Years day doing what I love most, reading, baking and cuddling with my cats.  Perhaps there is something missing inside of me because I don't have that internal feeling of "must be going and doing all the time".  I am content being home, enjoying my little apartment in all of it's soft and warm and cozy ambiance.  I have everything I need and want within arms reach, that really is an accomplishment that I worked hard to achieve.  Sure there are some things I would like that would make my life easier, an eReader, a rolling pin and marble cutting board, and a Pet Roomba to suck up errant spiders my cats don't catch because they're napping or plotting a sneak attack on each other, but otherwise I am pretty set. 

I'm back to work today and it's the second week in a row that it feels oddly like Monday in the middle of the week, but the work is steady in comes more in spurts than a stream and I don't mind that at all.  Next week will be nice getting back into the five day work week though.  I noticed on my dvr that my shows have started back up since the holiday break and I am glad about it, but the shows will just have to wait until I am done with this series because nothing comes between me and my book!

I'm excited about going home this evening and reading with a cocktail and a couple of cute cats, so far 2013 is not bad, not bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment