Tuesday, July 8, 2014

First Impressions

First day of school was filled with admin stuff and a real get to know the group vibe.  There are six of us and I am one of only two girls in the class and when we were talking last night she mentioned if her financial aid doesn't pull through she might not be able to start this cycle, ugh!  Sad face, she is super nice and it would be cool to have another woman in class.  Not that the guys aren't great but, still.  The Chef said to start bonding as a kitchen crew and it really felt like we did.  A student that is a class ahead of me did mention that of the nine students her cycle started with they are down to five already, yikes!  Some people were saying some people don't even last the first week.  Oy vey.  Ok so Chef said they are heavy with the math but not until almost the end of our schooling so I am going to get a tutor from 5-6 Mon-Fri after work but before class so that by the time the math and menu planning and purchasing classes come around I will be prepared for them.  Overall I feel like I got lucky with the group this cycle, and I don't think we will have any trouble forming the tight knit team required to be successful in this adventure.  Tonight is computers, so I feel really confident in that. I appreciate all the supportive calls and texts I got yesterday so thank you for that; it really meant a lot.  It's comforting to know people you've supported in the past, and had their back; have yours when it really counts. I took a reminder with me on my binder as a constant reminder to never give up and follow my heart and passion and pursue my dreams, lame huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment