Friday, July 5, 2013

Spinning = Pain

I took my first spinning class RPM today at 5:15 a.m. and I went in totally pumped up and ready to "kick the jam" as I say, and I totally got my butt handed to me!  Here's what you need to have before your first spinning class, specially designed cycling shoes (otherwise your feet constantly fall out of the tiny little foot holsters like mine did, shorts with padding for the nether regions (especially for a woman) because the cycles seats are clearly designed for men, and a towel and a bottle of water.  I am in so much pain right now, every inch of me hurts.

My solution to the pain I am in is to go back to the gym and swim tonight and then hit the hot tub right next to the pool!  There's class I want to try out tonight called BodyCombat and it's an empowering cardio workout inspired by martial arts and draws moves from Kickboxing, Karate, Taekwondo, Tai Chi, and Muay Thai. 

All I can focus on now is work and the gym and getting ready for my move, it's like going home, but to a home I've never been to before but that I know will make me happy and content.  Helena is my lighthouse and I am just traversing the sea and knowing that; yes the voyage is long but the destination and homecoming is infinitely worth the trip.  This weekend you can find me in my Tulsa or Broken Arrow gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment