Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Big Brother 15

Elissa Slate (one of the new house guests) is Rachel Reilly's sister!  This season should get really interesting.  What bothers me is that this looks more like the case of the Bachelor or Bachelorette with only one exception upon first glance at the cast bios.  Not one cast member is over 37 and all are Caucasian except one African American and one Asian, clearly BB 15 is not going for a range of America, just the 20-30 something Caucasian market.  Sad, because I loved Chicken George Boswell (47) and Jerry MacDonald the oldest player to date at 75 who was a retired Marine.  One there was a homeless person on Big Brother, you really routed for him, and well I routed for people who seemed like they really needed to win, that weren't there to propel their already blossoming reality career or model or tv career. Give me a Vet (male or female) who's survived a couple of tours abroad, give me a stay at home dad or a Samoan attorney from Washington D.C.  To bad I'm not a casting agent, because only unique and colorful people would make it into the house, not cookie cutter models with no depth.  Ok rant over.  I loved that Ian won last season, my own little Sheldon come to life.  I hope to find one contestant this year that has more than one dimension.  I'm excited to find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment