Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Work, read, sleep, gym repeat

I am probably not doing myself any favors by reading as much as I have been this last month.  Everyone keeps telling me I won't like reading after I finish school but I really doubt that.  My school schedule will be set up in such a way that Mon-Fri 6-10 I will have regular course class work interspersed with my kitchen time and culinary schoolwork every night, so the time will be broken up where I will get a wide variety of activity every night so it seems class hours will fly by. 

Anyway my personal reading is keeping me up late at night because I can't seem to put the iPad down because a good book can really draw you in and before you know it two hours have gone by and you come into work with a book hangover!  Shaking my head as I think of what it must be like for people who haven't read a book for pleasure in their entire lives.  Can't fathom it.  When I get near the end of a book I get this feeling like I don't want it to end because I am having too much fun; if you're not a reader you are really confused right about now I bet. 

As I sit here writing, I am thinking in the back of my mind that I could be reading right now instead.

Right now I am reading Malcolm (Book 1, of The Redemption Series) by S.J. West and it is a part of this Watcher series, as well as the Watcher Chronicles, so I have been on this journey with these characters for years, and as Robert Frost would say, "I've got miles to go before I sleep".

No comments:

Post a Comment