Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good gracious!

I had no idea purchasing a home would be so complicated and technical and math driven!  lol Ok maybe I had an IDEA it would be but jeepers!  So apparently based on my research it seems smarter to buy a new home in a new division and build your dream home from their options of cookie cutter homes than to buy an older home.  I have a pretty clear vision on what I want and which builder I will be going through, and the floor plan I think would best suit my needs.  Single story home with two bedrooms and two baths but I will most likely end up purchasing a three bedroom two or 2.5 bath.  I'd like a kitchen with an island that overlooks the living room but not a place for bar stools I don't think and perhaps a gas fireplace.  I've been looking at one floor plan that has his and hers walk in closets one in the master bath and one in the master bedroom and that idea really appeals to me.  I'm thinking I could use one for holiday decorations and storage and one for my actual clothes because I am NOT putting my things in the garage for spiders to nest in, no thank you!  What I wonder is who builds the backyard fence?  Do I hire a company or does the construction company that is building my home do it for an extra fee?

I realize this may cost me a bit more than I am throwing away in rent right now, but it will be worth it.  I loathe coming home with groceries and cases of bottled water and having to park far away from my apartment and haul it in because my neighbors have company over and there is no designated parking, or they have company over and their company throws the cigarette butts all over the property, or that I can hear everything my neighbors are doing in their apartments because the walls are so thin, or that I often worry that one of my smoker neighbors will fall asleep with a lit smoke and the whole place will go up in smoke while I'm at work and no one will get my cats out in time.  Ok the last one might be a bit dramatic but it is a valid albeit far fetched concern.  I have a standard of living that clearly my neighbors do not, and with a HOA in these new neighborhoods undesirable behavior or property upkeep is frowned upon and yes I am sorry folks, that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment