Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I haven't forgotten, it seems like only yesterday..

Tonight and got into my pajamas and has some supper and contemplated starting a puzzle I bought but decided I really needed to catch up on blogging and writing letters and well...sleep.  I had my last dinner party of the year Sunday night, it was incredible!  Everyone had a blast and of course there was enough food for a small Army!  My first love was driving through Oklahoma on the way to a new job in Monterey, CA and stayed over and was able to meet my friends and we caught up on the last 19 + years and it was really, really nice.  I found out today that my best friend Angie is coming to stay Christmas weekend and that really made my day because I really didn't want to intrude on my friends and their families because I don't have one of my own.  So this weekend this group I am a part of is having a football party Saturday night so I will be attending church Sunday instead of my normal Saturday night service, and next weekend is my company Christmas party, the weekend after that I am hosting a baby shower for a co-worker at my besty Alecia's house in Broken Arrow, then the next weekend is Christmas, and the weekend after is New Years and my group is having a huge party so my time is toast.  My private life has really taken on a life of it's on, and I am really enjoying it,  the attention doesn't suck, not going to lie; once I took of my blinders I suddenly saw all the possibilities life has to offer, and the view is VERY nice :~)

I admit I had given serious thought to having a baby, I took my age and marital status and other factors into consideration and decided it probably wasn't a good idea, and that I would have to give up on the idea of having a family of my own, so I will embrace my solidarity and make the best of it.  I am really content with this little home I've worked so hard to create for myself, comfortable and welcoming but nice.  My cats keep me company and I am open to dating now and people say I am more approachable and that makes me happy.

I am behind on my Netflix and need to watch the Iron Man 1 disc I have, so I can watch instantly Iron Man 2, in time for The Avengers to come out, I am such a nerd, I love it, cannot wait for Kung Fu Panda to come out on dvd, and I've been to see Breaking Dawn twice and don't put it past me to see it a third time.  Work has been insanely busy so much so that I hardly notice time passing and the next thing I know it's 5 and time to go home. 

I am going to resist the temptation to get nervous about what might happen in the future, like when is the other shoe going to drop, like I know I have no right to be this happy, without the balance of something bad, to take away from my joy.

I miss my son Christopher so much and wish that he would call or text me or Facebook me or something but he is a senior in high school and has a life of his own, but I just wish he would let me be a part of it even if it is only is some small measure, something is better than nothing on that topic.

I better stop here or this will turn into a short novel; my friend ate at Denny's today, and had moons over my hammy, and said "thanks, Sam, all I can do is think of you now"; I had to laugh my butt off!

No comments:

Post a Comment