Monday, November 28, 2011

Best laid plans..

The road to hell is paved with good intentions they say, I concur.  As this year wraps up I am taking stock of my life and what I've done this year to become the person I strive to be, someone my parents can be proud of; someone I can be proud of.  I tried not to let my feelings get the best of me, I tried not to get angry when I felt like I was being attacked or provoked; I tried to think before I spoke and to try to imagine how others felt because of the way I behaved or the words I spoke.  I tried to remain positive despite how each situation looked at the outset.  I tried to be the friend others needed me to be, and mostly I wanted to become more flexible and let others control things, and shockingly it felt great.  I am happier than I've ever been, I am fulfilled and I am blessed.  I know a contentment I didn't think possible before, now I can let things go where before I would obsess about what I could have said or done to change the ultimate outcome, the freedom I've attained because of this epiphany is phenomenal.  I'm not perfect, I won't ever be, but I can constantly set goals to try and become a better person than I was the day before.  I like what I see in the mirror now, that's new for me.  I love how much my life has changed because I opened myself up to it's possibilities, and now I see what I've been missing.

I am happy, I am loved, I am blessed.

Pass the chocolate chip cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment