Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dresses and touchdowns...



All I can say is that it was a disappointing game and leave it there.  Yesterday I decided to have my New Year's dress made for me by my neighbor and dear friend Pam, "for a reasonable fee" considering she only has a month to make it.  I am so unbelievably excited; so last night my pal Alecia and I went to Hancock Fabrics at The Farm in Tulsa, and the sales people were so helpful to making sure my seamstress had everything she needed for the pattern I picked out which is a Vintage Vogue circa 1957 "the longer sleeve dress" considering it'll be January, I got to pick out the zipper and thread and binding and I learned a lot about material and I kept thinking to myself "I should have payed attention in home ec"! Anyway I have the pearls, and am getting the gloves and black heels and a little clutch to complete my themed look for our groups themed New Year's Party where I intend on dancing the night away with my friends.  If this dress turns out half as good as I think it will, I would love to have several made in different variations of this 50's design, and I will unabashedly wear this to church, and feel like a total girl!  My friends are saying I should go get my hair done up in some up do and don the red lipstick and really get into it, so I think I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment