Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Anticipation by Samara Sant

My breath quickens, my cheeks flush, my heart beats a tempo faster.
Nerves, yeah I feel em.
I've never felt quite like this..
So frustrated..
Warm, red splotchy skin, moist palms.
What is taking so long??
I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing, in and out..in and out..
Concentrate..it'll happen soon enough, not soon enough for Samara but..soon enough;
I am instant gratification girl..
Patience is a virtue I struggle with moment to moment.
Control, I have a hard time letting others have some, but I am working on it; especially in this moment in time.
Feeling powerless over something is not my happy place.
Who among us doesn't fear the unknown just a little?
The hell you know is better than the hell you don't.
I know it's going to come at any moment, but will I be ready when it does?
I'm excited and tortured in the same soul and it feels gloriously awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment